TDG training done by AI Forklift Training is OHSA and CSA-compliant, so you have the latest for your training. Companies must ensure that if they are manufacturing dangerous goods and transporting them. Specific training is required for their drivers.
Having your drivers take the group online training course is a great and inexpensive way of training multiple employees. Employers can keep track of the progress their drivers have by being able to access all training records.
With unlimited exam attempts your employees can take the training anytime they want wherever they are. On the road or at home they can access their training materials anytime no matter what province or state they are in.
Using their laptop, mobile phone, or tablet they can complete their training anywhere. After they have completed the online exam, they will be able to print off their certificate. Training will take roughly 1 to 2 hours to complete.
- Introduction and Overview of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Act and Regulations
- The TDG Act and Regulations, include training, classification, documentation, safety marks, means of containment, and emergencies.
- Explain how dangerous goods are defined
- Describe the purpose of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act
- Explain the requirements for training related to transporting dangerous goods by ground
- Identify the classifications of dangerous goods
- Use Schedules 1, 2, and 3 of the TDG Regulations
- Describe the requirements related to the shipping documentation for dangerous goods
- Use and identify certification safety marks according to requirements and safety standards
- Explain the requirements related to means of containment used for transporting dangerous goods
- Meet the necessary reporting requirements when a release or anticipated release occurs
- Describe conditions that must be met to claim the exemptions available for transporting dangerous goods
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Understand the purpose of the TDG Act and Regulations
- List company responsibilities under the TDG Act and Regulations
- List employee responsibilities under the TDG Act and Regulations
- Describe the main training and training certification requirements as they apply to road vehicle transport
Note: In addition to taking this course, workplace-specific training for the type of substance handled and the type of equipment used must be provided by the employer.